Wednesday, January 13, 2010

you gave me life, i give you pride

Spending time with family 
is better than I think sometimes. 
Today my dad came out and took me to lunch, 
and every time he comes I love it. 

It's not the fact that he pays for lunch, 
or that he gives me a care package, 
but that I spend a quality hour
with him talking about what's going on. 
I was looking forward to his day
since he told me he would come. 
I'm not sure what it is 
but I just love my Dad. 


I remember sometimes
when he would drink a little too much
and he tells me how proud he is of me, 
I feel so great that he says that
because I know he means it
even if he had been drinking. 

There's no other feeling in the world
than when your parents are 
completely proud of you
and what you've accomplished so far. 
I'm incredibly lucky to have not 1, 
but 2 parents who are more than proud
of what I've become. 
And that makes me happy to know
that I've pleased them
at the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment