Sunday, January 17, 2010

Love what you can't control

The rain has come. 
It brings different things when it arrives. 
For some sadness.  
For others inspiration. 
and for a few it brings fear. 

Gloomy weather provides gloomy moods. 
People associate themselves 
with what's going on with mother nature
When the sun shows it's bright face
so do people. 
When the clouds come in to block the sun, 
it also comes and blocks the happiness. 

People in California also fear the rain
because so many of us drive in it 
it causes more harm than good. 
There's a bit of uncertainty with rain
and uncertainty undoubtedly brings about fear. 
I'll embrace it. 

And for that last group
it brings inspiration. 
I tend to fall in this last category 
more than I do in any of the others. 
I'm not really sure why that is
but when it rains and when the sky is sad
I find some sort of creative comfort. 
I can't enjoy the outdoors as much
because if I look up I won't be able to see, 
but I definitely appreciate the thoughts,
the mind exploration I go on. 
This weather makes me dig deep
and search from within my soul 
for something else besides what's given. 
This is why I love the rain. 
This is why I embrace whatever nature will give me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment