Sunday, January 10, 2010

Okay kids! Today's theme is "Enjoyment"

I completely opened myself up and let myself enjoy everything today. 
I not only stopped to smell the roses
I listened to my surroundings
savored every second of life, 
and thoroughly took pleasure in my day. 

From the moment I opened my window this  morning
I knew I needed to be outside for a portion of the day. 
If I had a porch even breakfast would have been outside. 
We took the top off of Tino's jeep 
enjoyed what the wind was offering,
appreciated the patterned clouds, 
and simply relished in the moment. 

Soon after the short ride 
we partook in a lovely picnic at the park. 
We talked about things like having our own dog, 
or our own children to play at the park with. 
We were satisfied with each other's company
and the simple food I made for us. 
It was all I needed. 
All I really wanted. 

Even on the drive back to my apartment
I paid most of my attention 
to the Los Angeles skyline from atop 
the highest point of the 134 freeway, 
and let the wind whisper in my ears. 
It wasn't a secret, but a reminder. 
This is why you're here, 
to enjoy every aspect of life
no matter how imperfect 
and unsatisfying the rest can be. 



No comments:

Post a Comment