Saturday, January 2, 2010

Like a kids club, but cooler

I don't have any New Year Resolutions.
There's nothing for me to resolve.
But there are things I feel like I need to do.
Not quite my "bucket list"
but more like a list of things to experience
just not really before I die, but before the year ends.

There will be a series of lists to come
I won't be posting any of them today.
But something I want to get back into
is searching for things to do.

For a while I used to look in the LA Weekly
every week and see what's going on.
I'd mark things on the calendar of things I want to do.
Most of them cost money, but as of recently
the LA Weekly understands the struggles we're all going through
More and more I see things that are free to do
but are more fun than the paid ones.

I realized another great thing about living in L.A.
There's the LA Weekly that will give me things to do
There's Los Angeles magazine that opens my mind to new ideas
and there are countless blogs and internet searches
for me to explore the greater Los Angeles area.
I don't understand how I consider myself bored on weekends.
I guess the downfall is that there aren't always people
to accompany me on these adventures I want to go on.

I need some L.A. adventure friends.
And so a new goal this year
Is to create some L.A.A.F.s

1 comment: