Tuesday, August 24, 2010

LnC Birthday regalos

Last week was my bestie's birthday, and this year I decided to do something special. She showed me this awesome "secret box" that's available here . I had the brilliant idea to say "That'd be so cool if I could make it for you" thinking I could TOTALLY make that. 

After I started to try, and subsequently failed I told her it can't be done. 
Seeing that I REALLY wanted to make this happen even though I said it wouldn't, I enlisted the help from the super handy, owner of tools, and 'can do anything' uncle, things started looking up. I didn't let him do this by himself, I really wanted to put my own sweat into this project. 



We used a lot of tools and my two favorites are the one shown above, an air compressed nail gun, and this amazing saw! If I had a garage I would definitely invest in one of these bad boys to do all kinds of home improvement stuff. 

 
  
Here's what it looked like before we stained, finished, and put the stencil/freehand work on it. 

I  was trying to get this project finished by Friday when I went to see LnC for her bday, but that just wasn't happening. So I made a trip to see her yesterday before she leaves for Europe. I made sure to catch her reaction as she opened the box. It's blurry, but you can see the excitement on her face. 

 
 
 

She got really excited, didn't know what to say, was beyond herself that I actually was able to do it. I told her my uncle helped me, otherwise it wouldn't have happened. Her dad came out and saw it, and even said I went to work on this one. LnC's exact words were "dude, you just built me a tree house." Or that's what the equivalent is to her. I was ecstatic that she liked it....loved it...I'm not sure, but I know she's got this appreciation for it. 

The following photos are of the final product taken that night. You may not tell from the pictures, and most people wouldn't consider it to be flawed based on general look, but I think I could have done a tad better job finishing it. Anyway, enough self deprecation right now. Here is how it came out. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
Her little baby as she called it right before this picture.
I know she loves it and she'll get to enjoy it after she takes her Europe trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment