Friday, August 20, 2010

A little light

I was driving on the 134 the past two nights, and both were pretty clear, in a sense that I could easily see downtown LA, Griffith Observatory, and a few Wilshire buildings. And with all the flaws this city has, Los Angeles can be something beautiful if we open our eyes a little more. 


 Almost everyday my drive to work consists of me driving through Boyle Heights, a pretty run down neighborhood. I always manage to smile when I see this elderly gentleman with his shopping cart, blue crate, and now a broken umbrella to help shade himself while he gardens in this little patch of what I think is public land. It's off of South Boyle Ave and a freeway off ramp. 

The garden happens to be seen from google maps. It's not as lush right now but still the fact that this old man, not sure whether he's homeless or not, tends this garden probably every day makes me think and hope there is more than just the city lights to this place. 

I kind of love that this is my home.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this!

    It's always the small things in life that are the best :)

    ReplyDelete