Monday, August 16, 2010

Iced coffee craziness!

I was browsing Food Gawker as I do in my free time now and recipes that look amazing I star and will hopefully go back and make some of these food creations. 
I saw one last week that I decided was easy enough not to wait and looked good enough that I had to try now. 
I'm a skeptic when someone says this is the "perfect thingy thing ever" because everyone has their perspective on what might be perfect. So I decided to try out this recipe titled "Perfect Iced Coffee" Partially because it looked promising using coffee ice cubes, and partially because who doesn't want to prove something wrong? 

So I brewed a pot of coffee, let it cool down a bit, and poured the coffee into an ice cube tray. I put the coffee pot in the fridge to get cold. 
The next morning this is what I got. 


My ingredients....


Final product

My verdict: 
This is THE PERFECT ICED COFFEE! The coffee ice cubes are a genius idea. It doesn't water the coffee down and you end up with more coffee rather than some watered down crap. I also like the use of the syrup rather than sugar because it mixes better in the cold coffee, unlike sugar. 
I will note that I forgot to eat breakfast and got the jitters about an hour later, but that is my fault. The taste was amazing though, and I'll definitely be figuring out other things to use my coffee ice cubes for also. 

2 comments:

  1. Genius.
    Though I have to confess the phrase that motivated me to comment was, "and who doesn't want to prove something wrong."

    You're a rock star. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's nothing i dislike more than watered down coffee, which happens everytime i make my own iced coffee at home.

    ReplyDelete