Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fave new book

"I wish I was born Mexican, but it's too late for that now." - Morissey




I just got done reading the book 'Madonnas of Echo Park' by Brando Skyhorse. I love books and movies where characters are somehow connected to each other, especially without realizing it. The book reminds me of the works Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu produced and directed: Amores Perros, 21 Grams, Babel. The characters of the book, telling their stories of growing up in Echo Park and where it has led them. Many in different directions but all sharing one commonality and being indirectly related to each other. I like reading stories where the characters rather than the situation stand out and that's what Skyhorse did in this book. I also enjoyed the different characters who either embraces or more commonly tried to deny their race.


I heard Brando Skyhorse has a memoir he's working on. Excited for what's in store from him.



No comments:

Post a Comment